Visa Information & Travel Tips

F-1 Student Visa

Your visa is an official stamp or permit in your passport that allows you to travel for a specific purpose. Your purpose for traveling to the United States is to study English – so you need to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. You can obtain your visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

You will need to show them your Letter of Acceptance from the Academy, your US Immigration document, and a bank statement to demonstrate sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses while in the United States. You may also be asked to prove that you intend to return to your country after completing your studies. To apply for the US Immigration document and Acceptance Letter, submit an application to the Academy.

B-2 Tourist Visa

If you intend to study full-time in the U.S., we do not recommend applying for a B-2 tourist visa. If you are currently in the U.S. as a tourist, and intend to change your status for full-time study, please contact us for more information.

Travel Tips

Before leaving for the United States, you should check to make sure you have your:

  • Passport (valid at least 6 months beyond your anticipated visit to the U.S.)
  • Financial Statement
  • Official Copies of your Academic Records (e.g. your transcripts or diplomas if you intend to apply to colleges or universities for admission)

Remember to bring some warm clothing. San Francisco gets cold in winter and even summer nights can get chilly. You will need a good sweater and jacket if you come during the winter months.

Comments are closed.